Like many people, you probably know that hemp is no longer a controlled substance, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized “hemp production for all purposes” in the United States.
However, considering regulations vary between states and regions, it is not uncommon to hear questions like “is delta 9 legal in Arkansas?”
If you reside in or plan to visit The Natural State, here’s everything you should know about the legality of purchasing, possessing, and using products containing delta 9 THC in Arkansas.
What Is Delta 9?
Delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly called Delta 9 THC, is one of the most abundant cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. It is psychoactive, meaning it is the primary compound responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis use.
Although intensity varies between individuals, the effect of delta 9 is typically more intense than other cannabis compounds like delta-8.
Is Delta 9 Legal in Arkansas?
In simple terms, yes, delta 9 THC is legal in Arkansas. The law allows individuals to purchase, possess, and use hemp-derived products in the state of Arkansas subject to the following conditions:
- The hemp-derived product must not contain more than 0.3% delta 9 by dry weight.
- Only individuals 21 years or older are legally allowed to purchase, possess, or use hemp products, including delta 9.
Pure, hemp-derived delta 9 THC products, such as our lab-tested THC gummies, are legal in Arkansas because they comply with federal laws and the current state hemp regulations.
To be clear, it is illegal to use cannabis or marijuana for recreational purposes in Arkansas. Breaking this law is considered a Class A misdemeanor, which may lead to stiff penalties, such as up to one-year imprisonment or paying up to $2,500 in fines.
Is It Safe to Use Delta 9?
Unlike CBD, which has no intoxicating effect, delta 9 THC usually produces a “high.” However, the compound is generally safe when used correctly, as most people can tolerate it well.
That said, the exact effect of delta 9 varies between individuals, depending on several factors like age, weight, and genetics.
Delta 9 stimulates the release of “feel good” chemicals in the brain, leading to euphoria. While this can be a positive experience, it is important to use THC products responsibly and in moderation.
It is advisable to start with small amounts when using delta 9 THC products the first few times. This approach allows you to assess your body’s response and gradually adjust consumption or dosage accordingly.
What Are the Benefits of Using Delta 9 THC?
Besides its sedative effect (which can make most people feel high), delta 9 has a handful of therapeutic benefits that contributes to its growing popularity.
Research indicates delta 9 THC could offer the following potential benefits:
- Alleviate pain: THC has analgesic properties, which may help reduce chronic pain and pain associated with nerve injury (neuropathic pain) or multiple sclerosis.
- Stimulate appetite: At low doses, delta 9 THC can increase appetite in some people, including patients with advanced cancer. It does this by increasing the hunger hormone (ghrelin) and interacting with certain nerve cells in the brain called pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons to promote appetite.
- Reduce vomiting and nausea: Vomiting and nausea are common side effects of chemotherapy. The antiemetic effect of THC can help reduce these unpleasant side effects in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Increase relaxation and improve sleep: When consumed responsibly, THC delivers a gentler psychoactive effect or “high.” This can enhance relaxation, especially after a long day, and may help some people fall asleep faster or sleep better.
- Improve some mental health conditions: THC may help treat certain mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, keep in mind that no THC drug or product containing cannabis-derived compound has been approved by the FDA to treat mental health conditions.
Are There Purchasing Limits for Delta 9 in Arkansas?
Having answered the question, “Is delta 9 legal in Arkansas?” the next logical thing to consider is whether there are purchasing limits for delta 9 THC products in the state.
Previously, only qualified patients with a marijuana card could legally buy products containing delta 9 THC and other medical cannabis products in Arkansas. The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) determines the specific purchasing limits, often including factors such as the patient’s condition and the healthcare provider’s recommendation.
However, all that changed when the General Assembly passed the HB1640 bill that essentially amended the Arkansas hemp law.
With the current hemp law, anyone who is at least 21 years old can purchase, possess, and use hemp-derived delta 9 products, provided:
- The product does not contain more than 0.3% concentration of THC by dry weight.
- They don’t use the product in the presence of children, pregnant women, or nursing mothers.
While there are currently no purchasing limits for delta 9 products in Arkansas, it is important to do proper research and find manufacturers or retailers that comply with both the federal Farm Bill and state regulations before purchasing any hemp-derived products.
Keep an eye out for third-party lab test reports when purchasing THC products. This way, you can be sure you are choosing safe and quality cannabis products.
Where Can You Buy Delta 9 THC Products in Arkansas?
You can legally purchase delta 9 in Arkansas from dispensaries or brick-and-mortar shops. However, ordering from online stores is a hassle-free way to get your hands on high-quality products.
Remember to purchase products from licensed dispensaries or reputable online retailers to ensure you get high-quality products that comply with the law.
Our exceptional delta 9 THC products undergo rigorous third-party lab testing to ensure top-notch quality. Additionally, the production process fully complies with the regulations outlined in the Farm Bill.
Whether you’re looking to fall asleep faster, treat anxiety, or improve relaxation, shop with us today and experience the benefits of using first-rate delta 9 THC products.